Monday night is my Sunday night…
okay, seriously i apologize for this. i was playing around with the gif and accidentally reversed the frames and got this… might as well post it, right? XD
In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, here’s the Muppet’s stirring rendition of Danny Boy.
I was going to just ignore this day, until I realized that it was a perfect excuse to reblog this.
The training materials which accompanied Library and Archives Canada’s truly disturbing Code of Conduct have been leaked; they provide a unique insight into its management culture and the fear in which LAC employees must go about their day-to-day lives both at work and at home. One can almost imagine sitting through such a training session, wanting only to laugh but knowing that doing so would cost you your job.
Among the gems you’ll find here are:
- a continuum whose two poles are self-regulation and ‘Heterogulation’
- the revelation that LAC employs an individual whose official title is “Champion of Values”
- an allegation that loyalty to the elected government extends to employees’ personal opinions
- the notion that employees can only question orders if their lives are threatened or if doing so clearly breaks the law
- quote: “the appearance and perception of a conflict of interest present just as much of a risk…as a real conflict of interest”
- the names and contact information of the people responsible for LAC’s “values and ethics”. Why not give them a call?